2016 Ndukwe Foundation College Scholarship
On February 10, 2011, The City of Cincinnati proclaimed this date to be Chinedum Ndukwe Day in recognition of Chinedum and the Ndukwe Foundation's commitment and service in promoting youth wellness and fitness, encouraging higher standards in student education, promoting family values and leading young people on a entrepreneurial path. As a former NFL player, Chinedum strives to show today's youth the importance of athletics in all aspects of life including structure, health, leadership and overall character building. Athletics, combined with education and core values, is channeled through the Ndukwe Foundation's presence in the community and is the basis of Chinedum's continued efforts to create opportunities enriching young people's lives and impacting future goals and aspirations for our youth.
As a symbol of appreciation, The Ndukwe Foundation is proud to announce a $10,000 scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic school year(awarded in two 5,000.00 increments.)
- Currently enrolled as a senior in Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky public school system
- Current high school student athlete
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Must plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college institution in the Fall of 2016
- Must qualify as a minority
- Display leadership and selflessness
- Demonstrate a passion for community service
- Display examples of entrepreneurial spirit
Eligible candidates are encouraged to submit a brief essay (200 word maximum) detailing how they have demonstrated leadership, a commitment to their community and an entrepreneurial spirit throughout their high school career. Essay submission should be made at to the submission portal. Deadline to submit applications is: April 10th, 2016.
Application submission has now closed for 2016. Please check back in 2017!